Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In the Beginning, there was the Word

Today, I am finally starting our blog. I wanted to start it when I was pregnant with Pax, but decided that I'd have some extra time on my hands when I was home on maternity leave. And now, nearly two years later, Tramandafamily takes off. We wanted to be Tramandafam, but turns out there is another Travis and Amanda who have started a family blog out there. They are an adorable family and their child seems to be around a year old this summer. Apparently, there are people who CAN start blogs on their maternity leave!

I don't really do scrapbooks. I want to. I have tried before. I have even succeeded before (sort of), but it's never going to be my hobby. Our children will never have cute designed baby books with our memories of them neatly labeled and matted on brightly colored, acid-free paper. So, my next best bet is to blog. We hope this will help our family and friends be connected to the small things we encounter in our world each day and serve as a way for us to remember and savor these moments here and now.

One large step for me, one very small step for mankind. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very pleased to see the Travamandalafamala blogologging. Travis just led me over here today via Twitter, and already you have two Martin followers.

    ReplyDelete