Sunday, October 4, 2009

Two year old Pax

Today our Pax turns TWO!

Two years is not long in the scheme of things, and while it feels like the last two years have flown by, I also am awestruck at all he has learned and become in this short time. Our baby has grown into a funny, sociable, lovable, and curious preschooler. I've heard that the majority of personality has developed by age two. While I know he won't stay this way forever, there are some characteristics that I hope he can hold onto as he grows!

He's curious about everything right now. "How turn (this) on, mommy? What doing, mommy? What this one name? How do it? Pax help mommy? Where daddy go? How doing, daddy? I go with mommy? Mommy, how feel mommy? What Pax make?"
Pax is careful and observant. It's really hard to pull anything past him. He sees and hears things even when it appears he is not attending to you. He describes the world in detail and remembers a lot of specifics about our shared experiences. I hope that he never loses this wonder at the world around him.

Pax talks a lot and loves people. I love how interested he is in learning about and engaging others. He asks the receptionist at the doctor her name. He tells his Daddy that it's good to see him today. He asks the grocery clerk what he's doing. His humor is developing in ways that I find fascinating, and not just because I'm his mom. He has figured out that a well placed inside joke can bring his parents uncontrollable giggles. He loves to act silly and enjoys sharing his laughter with others.

I am probably biased in this one, but he is also a really sweet and pretty easy kid. He gives his affection generously. He thanks me for giving him a snack. He helps to put away his toys with little complaint (most of the time). He enjoys and requests for us to play with him, but can also entertain himself well if needed.
He's flexible and willing most of the time. I'm sure the other shoe will drop as we get into the "terrible" part of the twos, but right now, he's really terrific, and I'm trying to soak that up.

Today, he loves playing cars and trucks, singing and making music, being outside, reading books, eating fruit, and snuggling his yellow blankie, monkey, and green froggy. Bright blue eyes, white blonde hair, and a smile that could melt ice. Today, we celebrate you, sweet Paxon. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you PEACE. Happy Birthday, we love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment