I never use that phrase. I don't know why I said it, but I did as a car cut in front of me in traffic. I guess better that than a choice four letter word considering that my backseat was occupied with two little parrots.
Me: Well, heavens to Betsy.
Paxon: Who's Betsy? What's heaven?
Me: Wishing that Travis were in the car for the theological questions. I don't know Betsy, it's just a funny thing to say.
Pax: So persistent. And heaven?
Me: Well, some people think that's where God lives. (I know, I'm selling him a Sunday school line here, but I was trying to move on).
Pax: Skeptically I don't think so, Mom. I think God lives in New York City.
So there you go. If you need to talk to the Big Guy, go to the Big Apple.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete