Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Say Cheese, or better yet, don't!

I enjoy taking pictures, though I really know nothing about it yet. I'd been wanting to upgrade from our point and shoot Canon (which has been great) to a DSLR. I'd been asking friends and doing a bit of research. My thoughtful husband observed me in this process and began his own research. It's a big purchase so I'd resigned myself to waiting for my birthday in late November or for Christmas before I'd have a new camera.

Last week before Pax's birthday party, Travis presented me with a new Nikon D5000 DSLR camera (one of his and my top research choices). It's really an early birthday present for me, but he figured I'd want it before Pax's birthday so that I could get some really cool pictures (he assumed I'd be a natural-- ha!).

Though I have a lot to learn, we did get some cool shots at Pax's party (and a lot of shots that should be deleted as well for poor photography!). I enjoyed playing around with the features and I'm excited to learn more in days/weeks to come!

Thanks, Trav, for a great and thoughtful surprise. You ROCK even more than my awesome new camera!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, very exciting. Jenn, of course, would want me to point you to this website (http://www.thisisreverb.com/photo-class) right away. One of her favorites, and a great illustration of some key camera concepts...

    Class is still available whenever you and your women friends decide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tim! Yes, now that I actually have a camera, I am ready for class! I'll pin Keeley and possibly Steph down on some dates and let you know! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete