Yesterday, Pax asked me if we could change his sheets to the other set that I have for his bed. I told him that no, we would change them another day. His sheets were clean and Asher was needing to be fed. No, we weren't changing sheets right then for no reason. I intentionally decided not to say anything about having to change them if he tee-teed on them... why give a kid any ideas, right?
Flashback 28 years or so... I LOVED to change my clothes as a little girl. I have memory of going into my sister's dresser and putting on some of her clothes just because it was fun to wear something different. I'm still kinda like that today. I love to borrow someone else's clothes and I still change my clothes sometimes without reason. To prevent the laundry from taking over our home, my mom put a limit to my clothes changing in the day: Pick and outfit and stay in it. I was potty trained at the time, but I quickly discovered that if you pee on your clothes, you can change them... multiple times a day if desired. I'm sure you can imagine how that went over.
Pax is REALLY close to being officially potty trained. He hasn't had an accident in a couple of weeks. We've got a hurdle or two to get over, but we're almost there. I usually keep him in a diaper or pull up overnight , just in case. Last night, he was insistent that he was ready to wear underwear overnight. And truly, he's probably right. He's almost always dry when he wakes up. I liked his desire for independence and I indulged it.
This morning... 6:30 a.m. Pax came into the room and said, "Mommy, I'm wet." I was surprised, but accidents happen, so I hopped up to go help get him in dry clothes and get the sheets into the washing machine. My feet had hardly touched the floor when he said, "Can we get my other sheets now?" It takes one to know one...he quickly fessed up (without my prodding) that he tee-teed ON PURPOSE after he woke up in order to get his other sheets.
I can hear my mom laughing as she reads this... Damn that karma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment