I see my patients in the office, but most of my paperwork time is tackled from the home office, so Paxon sees me doing work from time to time. Occasionally, he asks to do some "work" of his own on the computer.This basically is when I open up Microsoft Word to a blank document and let him push letters on the keyboard.
There are several letters he recognizes, particularly those in his name and our names, plus a few others. He still gets most letters mixed up, but it's fun to see how literacy emerges and how his interest in reading is growing.
Today, I was doing work on the computer when he woke up from his nap. He found me in the office and asked if he could type. I agreed and let him sit on my lap for a few minutes to type.
This is what he typed, somewhat deliberately, saying each of the letters aloud as he typed... I am not kidding...
PAX I hit return here to tab down a few lines to see what he wanted to type next.
TOY He doesn't know what this spells, at least I don't think he does, but amazing that T-O-Y was what he wanted to type in the countdown to Santa's visit.
Do you think he's trying to tell us something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome, he's a genius!
ReplyDeleteWhat a smart cookie.
ReplyDeleteLove my nephew...so much! Brilliant! I guess with parents like his though, it's to be expected :D
ReplyDelete