Paxon has a few "dirty words." We didn't teach him that these are funny or dirty or sometimes inappropriate to say loudly in church. He just inately picked up on the fact that some words have more power than others. I'm still wondering how in the world his brain was wired to clump these words together in this sort of category... this is why language development is facinating to me, but I'm digressing into speech-pathology nerdiness here...
We have an application on our phones that basically allows a small cuddly animal to record your words and repeat them back to you in a pitch and rate modified voice. This is exactly as ridiculous and entertaining as you'd think. What words does Pax like to say to the cute fuzzy kitten? You got it: poop, tee tee, potty, trash, trashcan, hiney. I'll try to get video of him doing this and post it later. In the meantime, tonight, I overheard this conversation happening between Pax and Travis as they were brushing teeth in the bathroom:
Travis: Can you do good listening? I don' t know why he is opening himself up to a negative answer here...
Pax: Nope! Poo poo! Tee tee! Hiney! Here Travis has the much harder job of not laughing out loud. As I was in the other room, I didn't have to rise to that challenge. I see how this is going to get tricky...
About 15 minutes later, saying prayers...
Me: God bless Mommy, Daddy doo. The line in the prayer goes on to rhyme "Paxon, too." I am interrupted after "Daddy doo." You can see where this is going...
Pax: Mommy say "doo doo!" Here Travis cannot contain himself and bursts into laughter. I am afraid we will never be able to pray this prayer again...
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment