Today as we were leaving our room and heading to the dining hall for lunch, I could not find the room key. I just knew I'd put it on the dresser, but I couldn't find it. Thinking I was suffering from "pregnancy brain," I looked all over the room. I still couldn't find the key. There were a few places I knew it wasn't, like my purse in the corner which I hadn't touched or needed since we'd arrived at camp. Finally, in desperation, I asked Pax if he'd seen my key. He smiled proudly and said, "Yeah! I put it in your purse, Mommy." This is the logical place to put a loose key, of course. Now I know how Travis feels when I move his stuff to its "rightful spot" in our home without him knowing I've done it. I have to admit... a bit unsettling.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Turn About is Fair Play
We are staying at a camp lodge this week with Travis as he helps put on a retreat for youth from all over the south east. It's nice to get away from the hectic holiday scurrying and take a few days in rural Alabama where there is no TV, no errands, and no real schedule for me and Pax (sorry, Travis). We came two years ago when Paxon was a 3 month old. I carried him around in the Bjorn the whole time and he slept on me most of the week. This trip has been a bit different. Paxon has had a lot to say about, well, everything- the fact that you can't see the lake behind the lodge when it's dark outside to the fact that our "hotel" is lacking a pool and TV like other hotels he's stayed in. Not complaints, just observations. Funny the things 2-year-olds notice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment