Wednesday, September 9, 2009

That man take Pax car!

Today we went to visit Jen, Jamey, and new baby Miller at the hospital. Vanderbilt offers valet parking to patients and visitors to help ease some of the parking pain that comes from being land locked in a busy area of town with limited parking. It's a great feature. I used it every time I visited my doctor while pregnant with Pax.

I pulled up to the valet entrance, got the ticket, got Pax and our bag out of the car and headed to the elevators. We walked away and I didn't look back. I actually was quite pleased with the speed at which the whole process was happening. Pax began to whimper and cry a bit. We've entered a new "whining phase" which, frankly, makes me bananas on some days. My mantra lately has been, "Please use your words to tell me what's wrong." Anyway, after encouraging him to tell me what was going on (and now exiting the elevator onto OB floor of the hospital), Pax with a very serious and concerned face said, "Man take Pax car!"

In retrospect, I see how I should have explained this process before walking away from our running vehicle as a complete stranger jumped in and quickly drove it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment