Me: Baby today?
Jen: Nope.
Me: Feeble attempt at humor. Well tomorrow is Labor Day.
Turns out I wasn't too far off base. Jen went into labor around 2 a.m. on Monday September 7th which happens to be labor day this year!
What makes it even more exciting is that we didn't know what gender baby she was having. In this age where we can take 4D photographs while babies are in utero, I LOVE IT when someone waits to find out. Personal preference, I know, but really, there are so few surprises left in life!
Jen, the CHAMP, ended up with a BEAUTIFUL 11lb 10 oz baby boy delivered by C-section after a valiant attempt to get that baby out by other means. I'm thinking if we'd known he was nearly 12 lbs, they'd of scheduled a C-section right away! BTW- she didn't have ANY drugs until the C-section. Did I mention that she ROCKS?
Today, our sweet nephew/new baby cousin finally received a name: Nicholas Miller Campbell. He'll go by Miller. We are overwhelmed with joy! Welcome to our family, Miller. We love you beyond measure.
Cute baby
Proud aunt
Prouder Papa
No comments:
Post a Comment